Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drinking Milk Helps You Succeed In Life: An Interview With Dan L.


On January 21st, 2008 at 9:30pm, two 22-year-olds go on AIM, one hoping to conduct worthwhile interview. RawkBandDan stands 5’10, fluffy brown hair, very white straight teeth, tan complexion, and goes by the name Dan. He lives on Washington Street, four blocks away from The College of Saint Rose. Dan and I met through a mutual friend two years ago. RawkBandDan works part time at a credit union, but mainly attends RPI College in hopes of fulfilling a degree in an advanced science. He enjoys playing drums in his band and a few glasses of milk a day.

Anniewuzlike: Where are you right now?
RawkBandDan: In the living room of my apartment.
Anniewuzlike: How do you like living in Albany?
RawkBandDan: I definitely like it. It’s a real nice place and we have off street parking which is amazing.
Anniewuzlike: Especially for an Albany apartment. I use to live in center square and not only did we have to search for over an hour to find parking, but many bums would pick through our garbage. Do bums pick through your garbage?
RawkBandDan: I don't think so; I’ve never looked out the door and saw a bum going through my garbage, but its entirely possible.
Anniewuzlike: If a bum were to go through your garbage, what would they find?
RawkBandDan: Ummmm, pretty much just a ton of food packages, pop tart wrappers, and some water bottles, empty milk containers, the usual.
Anniewuzlike: Milk containers? That's funny. One of the first times I ever came to your apartment your roommate told me how much milk you drink; a gallon a day? RawkBandDan: Absolutely not a gallon a day that would definitely be ridiculous. Haha.
I just like drinking milk, only like a couple of glasses a day.
Anniewuzlike: What type of milk do you prefer? Whole? Skim? 2%?
RawkBandDan: Always skim, Annie, always skim.
Anniewuzlike: Does that "do a body good" just as much as whole?
RawkBandDan: I have no idea; I think it’s still just as good.
Anniewuzlike: If milk were a major in college, would you take it?
RawkBandDan: No, I don’t think id have much of a future with a major in milk.
Anniewuzlike: Speaking of majors, if all students had to take your major in college, what would that be like?
RawkBandDan: I don’t know. If you’re interested in it, it’s not all that difficult but if you hated math and science in high school; I’m assuming it would be pretty difficult.
Anniewuzlike: Was it tough to get into RPI? I know the valedictorian of my high school class goes to RPI.
RawkBandDan: I heard it’s a lot easier to transfer in than to start there your first year, and when I transferred in my grades were good, I don’t think they were exceptional or anything, but they were definitely pretty good.
Anniewuzlike: As good of a school RPI may be, how does it make you feel to know that a former student committed suicide at the college? Does that make you fear for your future?
RawkBandDan: No not at all, I honestly don’t see how that would affect me whatsoever. I’m sure the person had way more problems than his college education.
Anniewuzlike: Have you ever walked passed the spot where they found the body?
RawkBandDan: I honestly don't even know exactly where it is, I know what building it is in though; it probably will creep me out.
Anniewuzlike: What's a typical RPI student like?
RawkBandDan: A typical RPI student? I’m not that great at describing or judging people, but they are definitely very studious, most of them are pretty obsessed with doing things perfectly.
It’s extremely annoying sometimes.
Anniewuzlike: Are many RPI students into music?
RawkBandDan: I honestly do not think so.
Anniewuzlike: You're musical, correct? Which instruments do you play?
RawkBandDan: I just play drums.
Anniewuzlike: In The Pride Awake?
RawkBandDan: That’s the name of my band, yeah!
Anniewuzlike: How's that going? I must say, I saw you guys over winter break for the first time and I was blown away. Nice guys and good music equals a good combo!
RawkBandDan: Everything is going pretty well right now, were just writing lots of music and playing as many shows as possible. Pretty much almost all of my free time goes into it.
Anniewuzlike: For the people who've never heard of you, how would you describe your music?
RawkBandDan: I honestly don't really know how to answer that; I’ve been asked that a lot in the past couple weeks, I still can’t figure it out. I’m relying on people like you to give me some feedback and tell me stuff like that.
Anniewuzlike: I recall texting you that night and asked you to sign my boob next time I saw you?
RawkBandDan: Oh yeah?
Anniewuzlike: (which is so rawk star!)
RawkBandDan: Haha thanks.
Anniewuzlike: I'd like you to tell me what you’re thinking right now?
RawkBandDan: What I’m thinking about what? Anything?
Anniewuzlike: Anything.
RawkBandDan: I don’t know, I’m kind of watching this show as I’m doing this interview and this crazy terminator thing came on the screen it was kind of gross, that’s pretty much it, lol.

sharethis